Feed on
Posts
Comments

Tamara Clay -The Practice of Business

I have been a working professional in the United States for the past 18 years. I’ve learned the rules of business etiquette and I know my way around corporate politics. As a business attorney, I now rely on that experience to assist my clients with legal strategy as they grow their own companies.

However, there was one thing I was not familiar with…International business. As the world becomes smaller and companies become more global, I knew that this was something with which I needed to familiarize myself. I falsely presumed that business practices were fairly similar around the world.

This couldn’t be further from the truth. Although globalization and technology have made it easier than ever before to expand a company beyond the borders of the US, there remains the barrier of culture. A company cannot be successful if the corporate leadership is not well versed in how business is practiced in the foreign country it hopes to conduct business within. Even multi-million dollar companies have learned this lesson the hard way.

It was for this reason that I was so excited about the Stetson Executive MBA International Study Program. The International Field Experience took us to Taiwan, Taipei and Bangkok,Thailand. I extended my trip with some Cohort 11 members and spent a few days in Tokyo, Japan. Through our multiple company visits I was able to witness first-hand, how different business practices in Asia are from business practices in the United States. thai-lawI was able to ask questions of senior level executives of major major corporations regarding the practice of business and law in their respective industries. I received valuable key information which I plan to integrate into my legal practice immediately. Thanks to this program I am a better lawyer.

Be Sociable, Share!

срочный займ на карту срочно срочный займ на карту срочно заем на карту