Joe Styron Shares his out of this world experience!

Little did I know while taking a picture in front of the Millennium Falcon that I would be pulled to join a family in a galaxy far, far away!

I had the pleasure of opening three of the new Food and Beverage locations in Galaxy’s Edge: Bubo Wamba’s Family Farm Milk Stand, Soda Droids, and Oga’s Cantina.

Bubo Wamba’s Family Farm Milk Stand is famous for its blue and green milks! It was so enjoyable to help open and run this special stand.  

Did you see the new Coke orbs, as well? These soda “droids” can be found throughout the land. Opening and stocking these stylistic drinks was out of this world!

Finally, I was treated to time spent at Oga’s Cantina. The cast and crew affectionately named one of the slugs “Joe”!

My time off from the World was brief, and I am now back on planet Earth. Despite the brevity of my time at Galaxy’s Edge, I will always cherish my memories and relationships formed. It has always been a dream of mine to open a location and relish in the triumphs and tribulations of the opening day and weekend. Having this experience has made me a stronger leader and person.  I will always remember the opportunity I was given to help create a world where passionate souls can come and experience what it’s like to be a part of something they’ve enjoyed since childhood.

My time on planet Batuu may be over, but my passions have been renewed. As they say on Batuu, “till the spire!”

Joe Styron is a current student in the Executive MBA program, Cohort 16.