Do you have a project, initiative or area of study that could use a “boost” from a teacher-scholar fellow? Would you like to bring some special expertise to campus?
The Brown Center for Faculty Innovation and Excellence is once again pleased to announce the Call for Proposals for the 2019-2021 Brown Teacher-Scholar Fellow!
A few highlights …
- Proposals are for 2-year visiting assistant professorships
(start date is Aug 15, 2019)
- Proposals from interdisciplinary or issue-focused
teams that span departments, colleges or schools are especially encouraged
- Dean and chair letters of support are required for ALL proposals
- Budgets must be approved prior to submission
- The Brown Center will host proposal development workshops by request.
Nov 15, 2017: Call for proposals announced
Mar 15, 2018: Proposals deadline
Mar 15 – May 1, 2018 : Proposal review period
May 15, 2018: Awards announced
Aug, 2018: Search committee convenes*
Oct, 2018 – Mar, 2019: Candidate search*
Aug 15, 2019: Contract start date
Check with your Dean for internal deadlines
*The dates for recruitment and hiring may be adjusted to align with professional norms.